Department of Chemical Substances (Divisions of Risk Evaluation and Information) are responsible for:
1. collecting and maintaining data on chemical substances and preparations manufactured in or imported or exported by or used in production in the Republic of Lithuania, also on their properties and potential effect on human health and the environment;
2. administrating the Register of dangerous chemical substances and preparations;
3. implementing the procedure of prior informed consent (PIC);
4. notifying the EU Commission of new chemical substances according to the established procedure;
5. providing consultations on chemicals legislation for manufacturers and distributors of chemicals, as well as for professional users.